On the 14th February, is International Book Giving Day. This day is about getting books into the hands of as many children as possible. This initiative is aimed at increasing children’s access and enthusiasm for books.
International Book Giving Day focuses on encouraging people worldwide to give a book to a child on February 14th. Ways to get involved include:
- Gift a book to a friend or family member
- Leave a book in a waiting room for children to read
- Donate a gently used book to a local library, hospital or shelter or to an organization that distributes used books to children in need internationally.
- Borrow a book from the library, and share it with a child.
- Rifle through your bookshelves for children’s books that could use a better home, and donate them to a good cause within the next week. Consider donating your books to your local library, second-hand store, children’s hospital, shelter, after-school program etc.
- Identify a waiting room with few to no good children’s books, and commit to leaving a book in that waiting room within the next week
For more information: International Book Giving Book