A simple game to play to help children identify each other.
- a large group of children ( 10 or more)
- a large blanket
What to do:
- Divide the children into two teams and get each team to sit on the floor on opposite sides of the room. Two adults or children stretch the blanket between them to form a divider.
- Now one team chooses one of their members to crawl up to the blanket and sit behind it, quietly. He should face the other team. The adults drop the blanket and the other team races to identify and shout out the child's name.
Hints and Tips:
- Once the children get to know each other a little, the chosen child can sit cross legged facing away from the other team, with his back to them.
- Alternatively he could sit facing them but be instructed to make a funny face to distract them!
- Give the guessing group a clue about the child before dropping the blanket.
- Get the child sitting behind the blanket to say something and see if the other team can recognise their voice.