This psyllium slime recipe is a great non-toxic alternative to borax slime. It is also taste-safe, so it is safe for younger children, or children who tend to put things in their mouths.
- 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- 2 cups water
- food colouring
- Place the water in a saucepan (do NOT turn on the element) and stir in the psyllium husk powder with a spoon.
- Add a few drops of food colouring.
- Turn on the element on medium heat. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil.
- Let the mixture cook until it looks like it’s about to boil over, then immediately take it off the element. Let it cool for about 30 seconds to a minute, stirring occasionally, before putting it back on. Repeat this process 5-6 times, until the slime stops sticking to the surface of the pan.
- Set the slime aside to cool. When it's done cooling, you can give it to your child to play with!
Hints and Tips
- Store it in an airtight container in or out of the fridge.