This edible foam is a great sensory experience for young children. It gives young children a chance to get messy and it's safe.
- can of chickpeas
- food colouring liquid or gel
- cream of tartar optional
- Use a strainer to drain the liquid from a can of chickpeas and pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Divide the liquid into as many different bowls as the colours you plan on making. (NOTE: Each additional colour will increase the recipe prep time by 5-10 minutes.)
- Add food colouring and stir until combined.
- Add a few pinches of cream of tartar, then use an electric hand mixer to whip the coloured chickpea liquid until stiff peaks form. Use immediately and discard after play.
Hints and Tips:
- Cream of tartar will give the foam a firmer texture, but the recipe will still work without it. This taste-safe sensory foam cannot be prepared in advance.