Go nature hunting with children and let them search for various objects in nature.. Make them collect as much natural objects as they can. With their collection children will be making nature people with the items they have collected. Apart from this, they will be learning a lot about their own family and parts of their face.
- Nature items
What To Do:
- First, ask them to create the shape of the face using sticks.
- Then they could make the features like eyes, nose, ears and mouth using leaves, flowers, petals or pebbles.
- You could use some grass for your hair.
- Encourage kids to make the faces of their family members and name them.
- If they wish they could even go further with hands and legs!
Hints and Tips:
- Encourage kids to differentiate between a male and a female face. They could do it by differentiating them with hair.
- The children can develop their knowledge of the various parts of their face through this activity.
- We can even have a discussion on what each part is responsible for like the eyes – we see with them, nose – we use them to smell and so on.
- You could also question kids on the number of eyes, noses, ears, etc.
- Children develop their fine motor skills here as they learn to hold small and delicate things like flower petals.
- They even use their tiny fingers to tear them which again is a muscular activity for their hands and fingers.
- A lot of hand-eye coordination takes place as the kids do this activity.