Encourage baby to move to the beat of the music.
- Music (popular kids songs work well).
- Area for dancing.
- Video recorder.
What to do:
- Play on some music.
- Begin dancing with baby.
- Do some simple actions that baby can follow. For example:
- Clap your hands
- Stamp your feet
- Shake your wrists
- Wiggle side to side
- Kick each leg
Hints and Tips:
- Play different genres of music and watch how baby moves to the specific type of music. If it’s upbeat they may wiggle, if it’s slow they may just shake their wrists etc.
- Record baby dancing and encourage them to watch themselves on the video.
- Sit baby in front of you and sway side to side, while listening to the music.
- Lie baby down on their back, put on music and gently swing your baby’s hands and feet up and down.
- While dancing place a mirror in front of your baby, so they can watch themselves.