Help your infant to identify their belongings.
- A fluffy toy.
- Large space.
- 3 different items that belong to the child.
What to do:
- Clear some space (large enough for crawling) and place the toy at one end of the room.
- Ask baby to “find” the toy and encourage your baby to crawl towards it.
- When your baby crawls towards it, encourage them to grab it and then give it to you.
- Once they have found their fluffy toy, place child’s items around the room that they recognize.
- Ask baby to crawl to an object “Can you find me your hat, do you know where it is?”
- Baby will recognise and crawl towards their hat. If they don’t understand the item, stand behind the item and encourage them to crawl towards you. Repeat the name of the item. For example “This is a hat”.
Hints and Tips:
- When continuing this game use the same items until your baby is able to correctly identify them. Add one new item at a time when introducing a different object to this game.