A game that focuses on adding numbers together, patience and concentration by using coins.
- Muffin tin
What to do:
- Cut out circles of paper to fit in the holes in the muffin tin.
- Give each hole a different number.
- Stand the tin against some books so it stands on an angle.
- Mark a spot for the player to throw from and take it in turns to toss a coin into one of the holes in the muffin tin.
- Coins that land in a hole score that number of points.
- Players must add up their own scores and keep a running total. The first player to reach a designated score (perhaps 100) is the winner.
Hints and Tips:
- To make it more challenging, move the muffin tin a little further away.
- The children could do an action while tossing the coin into the muffin tin such as hoping on one foot, standing on one leg, jumping up and down etc.