Use dirt as a sensory experience by adding different objects and materials.
- Patch of dirt. (or) cardboard box with some dirt in it.
- Cars, trucks
- Old spoons or small shovels.
What to do:
- Take child into the garden and find a patch of dirt to play with or setup a cardboard box with dirt in it.
- Use the old spoons or small shovel and begin to dig in the dirt.
- Add toy cars and trucks that baby can interact with in the dirt. For example, making tracks, covering the cars/trucks with dirt etc.
- Add a small amount of water to the dirt and encourage your child to play with it.
Hints and Tips:
- Take a few old plastic containers or some plastic cups and encourage your child to spoon dirt into them.
- Add animal figurines to the dirt.
- Find some small rocks and sticks and add it to the dirt.
- Your child will not need much encouraging to get down and get dirty!