A simple activity for children to practice their fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination, used for prewriting while painting cardboard nails.
- Cardboard cut out of left and right hand
- Nail polish
- Black marker
What to do:
- Draw nails on each cardboard.
- Have the child use nail polish to paint the cardboard nails.
Hints and Tips:
- Encourage the child to hold the small brush in the correct grasp.
- Use a stroke motion (down to up) to paint each nail.
- A small paintbrush and paint can also be used instead of nail polish.