Develop children's hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills used for writing by weaving the spider through the web.
- Plastic spiders
- A basket with holes on the sides
What to do:
- Thread the string back and forth through the holes on the basket. Go in all different directions so that it looks like a spider web.
- Add the plastic spiders to the bottom of the basket.
- Encourage the child to use the clothespin to pick up the spider at the bottom of the basket and weave it through the web.
Hints and Tips:
- For older children use tweezers.
- Use less or more string depending on the child's abilities.
- Add different types of figurines such as sea animals, dinosaurs etc.
Favourite Fine Motor Activities For Preschoolers, Fun Learning For Kids