A quick and easy comforting vegetable korma that can be made for lunch or even as a quick afternoon snack for hungry kids served with rice. It's all cooked in the oven so it's easy to prepare and can be made in bulk for OOSH services.
- 2 medium cauliflower
- 8 spring onions
- 4 tbsp sunflower
- 2009 jar of korma paste
- 400g can chickpeas
- 250ml coconut or single cream
- 2 vegetable stock cube
- 200g fine green beans
- cooked basmati rice to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Cut the cauliflower florets and leaves into bite-sized pieces, then cut the stalk into smaller pieces. Tip everything into the roasting tin.
- Snip the spring onions into small pieces directly into the tin.
- Drizzle the oil over the veg, then season with a pinch of salt and toss everything together with your hands. Put the tin on the middle shelf of the oven. Roast for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, remove the tin from the oven using oven gloves.
- Stir the curry paste into the veg.
- Add drained chickpeas into the roasting tin.
- Pour the coconut cream into the tin, then measure out 450ml water using a measuring jug and add this, too. Crumble over the stock cube.
- Add the beans to the roasting tin.
- Gently stir everything together using a wooden spoon.
- Return the tin to the oven for 25 mins, then carefully remove it from the oven.
- Serve the curry with cooked rice.
Hints and Tips:
- This is a serving for 10 children. For more children adjust the quantity.
- For more children, use oven tins to make the vegetable korma.
- Cook rice, to serve together.
- Quick and easy to prepare.
BBC Good Food