Encourage children to eat a variety of fruits with this fruit salad full of love! Children can help by using heart shaped cookie cutters to cut the fruits.
- Fruits of different kinds e.g. pineapple, banana, mango, strawberry, kiwi, watermelon, red apple, green apple, orange etc.
- Heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Child friendly knifes
- Chopping board
- Cut the fruits in slices and pieces that are easy for children to use the heart shape cookie cutter with.
- Now ask the children to take heart shaped cookie cutter and make heart shapes of all the fruits.
- Arrange the heart shape fruit pieces to create a heart emoji face.
- Children will enjoy their heart emoji fruit salad.
Hints and Tips:
- Encourage children to help cut the fruit by giving them each child friendly knife and chopping board/paper plate.
- You can use pomegranate seeds to make eyes on banana slices as they will be small.
- Observe the different shape of fruits, show how the strawberry is a heart shaped fruit naturally.
- 50+ Valentine’s Day Food Ideas for Kids
- Image reference: How To Make A Heart Fruit Salad - WikiHow