These muffins with bananas and apricots are the perfect balance of tasty and nutritious. These are great for children to have as a healthy afternoon or late snack.
- 2 cups dried apricots, chopped small
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Apricot nectar
- 4 Bananas, mashed
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. Margarine melted
- 1/2 cup Reduced fat milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C and lightly grease the muffin trays.
- Place apricots and nectar in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar.
- In a separate bowl. Combine apricots and nectar, bananas, eggs, margarine and milk
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix well until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin trays, and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Use over-ripe bananas for a stronger flavour. When bananas get too ripe in the fruit bowl, put them in the freezer. Then simply defrost and add to recipes.
- Freeze leftover muffins to use late snacks'.