Muesli Fruit Slices are soft, chewy, delicious and really simple to make. A healthy and delicious morning or afternoon snack for children.
- 200g Margarine
- 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Honey
- 1 cup Sultans
- 4 cups untoasted muesli/bran mix
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- 2 cups Self-raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180c
- In the microwave, melt margarine with honey.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, diced fruit and pepitas. Add margarine mixture and eggs, and combine well.
- Press into large slab tins coated with spray oil.
- Bake 25-30 mins or until golden brown. Allow cooling before cutting into 40 slices.
Hints and Tips
- Dried fruit medley mix could replace sultanas and apricots
- Slice is a dry mixture. If too dry and crumbly, add extra honey (warmed) or some hot water when mixing.