Use string and paint to create striking and creative effects.
- Paper plate
- Thick Paper
What to do:
- Start by adding a drop of each paint colour, onto a surface such as a paper plate, so they are touching and forming a line.
- Lay your string across the paint making sure the paint covers all sides of the string.
- Next lay the string across a piece of paper so the ends hang off the edges.
- Place the second piece of paper on top.
- Press down onto the paper as you pull the string back out.
- Remove the top paper to reveal the design.
- Repeat the process until you create a unique design.
Hints and tips:
- Place the string on different areas of the paper.
- Use different colours.
- Add a heavy book on top of the paper before pulling out the strings.
- Pull string fast/slow.