Get creative with patterns and colours as you dye your own Easter Eggs.
- Hard boiled eggs
- Food colouring of desired colours
- Electrical tape
- Plastic cups for each colour - add 1/2 cup of boiling water, 1 tsp food colouring and 10,20 drops of food colouring.
- Paper towel
What to do:
1. Start off with a base colour for your egg. Dip egg in desired colour. Pat with paper towel and wait for it to dry.
2. Using electrical tape and scissors cut out a pattern.Press tape around the circumference of the egg, making sure not to leave any air holes around the tape edges for water to seep in.
3. Dip egg with cut tape designs facing down. Make sure not to allow dye to go above the top edge of the tape. Hold until colour below tape is darkened to your liking.
4. Carefully pull out the egg and blot dry with a paper towel. Peel off electrical tape. You have now successfully dyed your egg!
Hints and Tips:
- Experiment with different patterns.
- To add more than 1 colour onto egg, wait for each one to dry.
- Use jagged scissors to cut out patterns.
- Be gentle!