A simple craft for all the children to participate in to create a hanging autumn leaf mobile.
- coffee filters
- spray bottles
- markers (in fall colours - orange, red, yellow, brown, green).
- string pieces for each leaf
- sticky tape
What to do:
- Using markers, encourage the child to colour in the coffee filter.
- When finished, place them on a tray and spray them with water.
- The colours will mix into one another.
- Set aside to dry.
- Cut out leaf shapes.
- Stick each string piece on the back of each leaf.
- Tie to the tree branch.
- Repeat for all leaf shapes so they all hang from the branch.
Hints and Tips:
- Laminate the leaf shapes before hanging them on the branch.
- Use a hole punch instead of sticking tape.
- Precut the coffee filters in leaf shapes.
- Use paintbrushes instead of spray bottles to paint water on top of the markers.
Highlight Kids, Tie Dye Leaf Mobile