Role: Room Leader Classification: 4A5 Year: 2018

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
girlybones

Role: Room Leader Classification: 4A5 Year: 2018

Post by girlybones » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:11 am

Hey ECE’s

I have worked for the same company since 2017 and signed a contract in 2018 as Room Leader under classification 4A5 at pay rate $23.99.

The company agreed to support me to complete my diploma and I signed a contract starting at level 4A5 as I had completed the 11 core units required to be recognised as ‘meeting diploma’ and to be paid at a higher rate than the commencement of unqualified room leader.

The company commenced my pay at level 4A1 and I am only now at level 4A5 after four years of working in the role of lead educator.

Even though my contract does not say unqualified room leader, but states Room Leader.
Is this correct?

My timesheets now say:
Role: Educator

My payslips now say:
Role: Lead Educator

Would this also be affecting my award and entitlements in anyway when management send my hours to payroll?

I’ve emailed my operations manager and they have not responded, I’ve emailed Human Resources and they’ve replied saying they are not accountants.

Any advice as to where to go for support would be greatly appreciated and an explanation in regards to what I should be getting paid in 2021.

Lorina

Re: Role: Room Leader Classification: 4A5 Year: 2018

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Have you completed your Diploma qualification?

Once you complete your Diploma qualification you will be on Level 4.1 since you are now qualified. From there, you move up a level, until you reach level 4.3.

When did you complete your Diploma?

:geek:,
Lorina

fefaloon

Re: Role: Room Leader Classification: 4A5 Year: 2018

Post by fefaloon » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:42 am

In 2009 I am now on level 4.3A of the children's services award wage classification which entitles me to $28.55 per hour.