working with different employer.

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
spd
Participator
Participator

working with different employer.

Post by spd » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:40 pm

Hi,
I have been working as a casual educator since 3 years. And now i want to move to a permanent role. When i enquired with my employer they said they dont need permanent educator now. And asked me to continue as a casual.
But now i have applied with other early learning centres for a permament role.
TOday i received a an interview call for permanent part time (3 days a week) with and of the council childcare.
I wish i did get full time i,e monday to friday with them.
SO, my question here is, if i work for 3 days (i,e, wednesday,thursday,friday) permament part time with the new employer, can i continue with the 2 days( monday and tuesday) casual role with my current employer?

I really need to work for 5 days. I am happy that i got permanent role but its a part time, so i need to work the other days to feed my family.
Please let me know if this is possible.

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Re: working with different employer.

Post by Butterflyblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:47 pm

Hi spd,

You can absolutely work at 2 different childcares, lots of people work multiple jobs to pay the bills and get the lifestyle they want.

Educators often work all 5 days, as long as you can handle the work (physically and mentally)
go for it.

Unless your contractually obliged to disclose it, even then your entitled to a certain level of privacy it shouldn't be an issue for your employer.