CHCE0004

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
De Jesus

CHCE0004

Post by De Jesus » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi All good afternoon I'am a newbie here :) . I decided to joined in this group to ask for your support and help. I'am currently studying Diploma of Early Childhood Education and care. I would like to inform you that i don't have any experience or don't have any certificate. Due to our current situation I have decided to study this course to gain, learn and to be productive as well.

With regard to the above subject, our assessments has 2 parts, 1 is theory task and the other one is workplace task I already finished the theory task , There are some questions in workplace task that I can't answer because to be honest that task or questions given were not discuss on our virtual class, we are 7 students in our class who didn't finish yet the workplace task and some of our classmates they don't have to do that because they obtain certificate 3 and some of them our working in childcare sector , and last week we already proceed to our new topic/unit CHCECE024 with new trainer. Our new trainer told us leave that and focus to our new topic but when i Talked to her after our class she said that the Training school told her that we have to finish that unit.

Could you please help me on this or give me some idea to answer these questions. I really don't know how to answer these questions.

Age Group: Preschool
Link to the NQF:

2.2 Healthy eating and physical activity are embedded in the program for children.
Learning Outcome: How the experience supports children’s development.
• The children will learn about the types of foods that are healthy
• The children will participate in a healthy food cooking experience

Link to EYLF Outcome/s:
 LO1: Children have a strong sense of identity
 LO2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
 LO3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
 LO4: Children are confident and involved learners
 LO5: Children are effective communicators

1) Resources to be used: (how many children will participate? amount of food required, ingredients, utensils, etc.).?

2.)Description of Experience: (How will you gather children/settle children? How will you introduce a discussion on healthy food and sometimes food? How will you use your poster menu? Step-by-step: What will the children do and use? How will you smoothly transition the children to the next activity?).

3.) Health and Safety Issues (How will ensure the children’s health and safety including - hand washing, safe food handling, rules/procedures supervision, safe food handling, preparation and storage of food. Also dietary requirements including, allergies, likes, dislikes, cultural or other requirements families may have regarding their child’s nutrition).

4.) Educator’s Role: (For example, initiating, modelling, prompting, encouraging, playing alongside, giving directions, asking questions, extending, demonstrating etc.).

5.) Evaluation of the experience goal: (what did the children say/do to demonstrate the goal of learning about different types of healthy food? How did the children participate in the experience?).

6.) Future Planning:

Thanks to all

DeJesus

Lorina

Re: CHCE0004

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm

Ok so first you have to find a recipe that you could use with children... such as spring rolls, muffins, mini pizzas etc. once you decide on a recipe then you can answer the questions one by one...

What recipe will you use?

:geek:,
Lorina

De Jesus

Post by De Jesus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Lorina wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:57 pm
Ok so first you have to find a recipe that you could use with children... such as spring rolls, muffins, mini pizzas etc. once you decide on a recipe then you can answer the questions one by one...

What recipe will you use?

Lorina
I Decided to make a vegetables spring rolls

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:38 am

Ok that's great... did you complete the rest of the questions....

Lorina