Centre not meeting ratios in the morning

Educator to child ratios, ratios within a service, ratios with different ages etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
mirrorreflex
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Centre not meeting ratios in the morning

Post by mirrorreflex » Thu May 02, 2019 7:28 pm

For the past few days in the centre that I'm working at before the next educators shift we have more than 11 children.

For example, today I was left with 15 children a little bit after 9am and the next educator didn't start until 10:30.

If they notice that the ratios aren't met should they be calling the other educator to come in earlier?

I am finding this is especially hard because I am a new grad teacher and this is one of my first roles.

Lorina

Re: Centre not meeting ratios in the morning

Post by Lorina » Tue May 07, 2019 7:43 pm

What is the age range of the children?

Yes, ratios should be met at all times! If there are more children and you can't meet ratios on your own another Educator should work with you so you fulfil this requirement.

:geek:,
Lorina

surbhi225

Post by surbhi225 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:50 pm

What gives the school the right to give my child homework? Under what legal framework are they allowed to expect my family to put all of his and our time 24/7 at their disposal in order to get a high-quality public education?

Is this just something we've all just kind of accepted, or is there a legal reason the school can do this?

Please do not turn this into an argument over whether homework is "good" or not. That's not why I'm asking.

Any teacher will tell you that at any time, about half the parents are complaining about too much homework and half are complaining about too little. I personally feel families know their children, and they are probably both right. What is best also depends on a lot of other factors, including access to alternative educational opportunities.

But when I feel that my child's spending 4 hours on homework every night and more than that, never having a life (despite all this talk about changing things and our attempts to complain about it) is bad for him and get nowhere, and I frankly see him at a school with really great teachers whom I feel would provide a great high-quality education without all this homework so we could have a life - I want to know: what right do they have to give my child all this homework?

Kuldeep singh

Post by Kuldeep singh » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi there what must be ratio in morning time.. Thx

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:28 pm

It depends on the ages of the children...

The following may help:

Ratios In Childcare

:geek:,
Lorina