Returning to work after baby

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Missy32

Returning to work after baby

Post by Missy32 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:07 am

Hi everybody

Just wondering if anybody has any advice on returning to work after having kids.
I became cert III qualified back on 2016 and started working up until August 2017 when I had my baby.

I have been working 3 days a week as a swim teacher for little kids because the hours suited me (2.5 hours a day) but now that my Bub is going to childcare and loving it I really want to get back into the field I’ve trained in!

I guess my question is - are there any refresher courses I can do as I feel like I have forgotten everything! Mum brain! Especially on EYLF, NQS, etc. I’m not even sure I remember the correct procedure when changing nappies.

Feeling nervous and anxious. Any advice much appreciated xxx

Lorina

Re: Returning to work after baby

Post by Lorina » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm

I think the best thing for you to do is read up on the EYLF, NQS etc. that will really help with your understanding. Here is some information that may help:

Understanding EYLF
NQS

In regards to procedures for changing nappies etc. you can go through a centre's policies and procedures which outlines the steps for different procedures. You will also learn "on the job" as you work each day.

You don't have to worry about it, you'll be fine once you get back into it.

:geek:,
Lorina

Missy32

Post by Missy32 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:53 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, Lorina.

I’ve got lots of reading to do! Fingers crossed that I get some interviews and can keep my nerves in check!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:35 pm

No problem! Happy to help!

Another option you can consider is to get some casual work... this will also help you to gain confidence as well....

:geek:,
Lorina