Qualifications in the rooms

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
hootabelle98

Qualifications in the rooms

Post by hootabelle98 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:35 am

Hi there,

Just wanting to see if this is normal in other child care centers but can trainee assistants cover lead educators and be left in a room by themselves.We have so many trainees and our centre is not running at full capacity. I always find it concerning and non compliant. I am really sick of havung my hours cut and on a Friday im not in a room u til 11.30 my trainee assistant is. What was the use of me studyjng my diploma if i am bejng replaced by assitants.

Lorina

Re: Qualifications in the rooms

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:07 pm

What are the ratios in the rooms? Are there any qualified educators working with the trainees? Are you doing documentation as a diploma educator?

:geek:,
Lorina

hootabelle98

Post by hootabelle98 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:37 am

Monday i finish at 2pm my assistant is a trainee and left with 9 children. Yesterday they did cover me with a qualified but other times there is no qualified assistants or diploma. My room is 3 to 4 room. So most days i have 20 children.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 pm

Even if your assistant is left in the room you are still within ratio since the ratio is either 1:10 or 1:11 (depending on your state). Even though your assistant is a trainee they will still be included as a cert 3 educator for ratio purposes since they are "actively working towards their qualification" as per ACECQA. So, as far as that's concerned there isn't an issue.

:geek:,
Lorina