Preparing for a possible new job role as 2IC

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Rebecca_Splendido

Preparing for a possible new job role as 2IC

Post by Rebecca_Splendido » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi guys, my name is Rebecca. I am enquiring about how to best prepare myself as I do my student placement in a 2IC role to basicly see if I will fit the job role. Im currently studying my advanced diploma in community services, its very interesting but Im feeling overwhelmed with the workload and therefore Im not sure If id suit the position.

So therefore I decided to do a two week placement in the 2IC role to see if its for me. How can I best prepare myself with a clipboard and note paper and pen to write down as much information I can...any other recommendations?

Thankyou in advance! :inlove:

Lorina

Re: Preparing for a possible new job role as 2IC

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi Rebecca!

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Nice to meet you, I'm Lorina!

As a 2IC, you are the Director when the Director isn't available or is away. So, you will need to learn all the tasks and responsibilities that the Director does.

Some of the tasks include processing fees, dealing with new enrolments, staff rosters, attending to emails etc.

When you are training to be a 2IC, the Director will basically show and tell you everything you need to know and having a daily checklist of the tasks you need to complete each day really helps!

As you can imagine the Director position has a lot of responsibilities and so will you in the 2IC role, maybe not on a daily basis but you still need to know how to the run the centre for times when you are needed to step in.

Being a 2IC is great! Especially if you like the added responsibility! Learn as much as you can, enjoy it and have fun!

:geek:,
Lorina

Huang

Post by Huang » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi Lorina,
I am new to aussiechildcarenetwork, just have a question about studying toward to ECT but I don’t know how to post a question in the forum, I hope that you can help (I am using mobile phone now as I left my labtop at work)
Thanks
Lisa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Huang wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm
Hi Lorina,
I am new to aussiechildcarenetwork, just have a question about studying toward to ECT but I don’t know how to post a question in the forum, I hope that you can help (I am using mobile phone now as I left my labtop at work)
Thanks
Lisa
Sure... how can I help!?

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:06 pm

Huang wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:31 pm
Hi Lorina,
Thanks
Lisa
Sure... how can I help!?

Lorina