While pursuing cert III in Early Childhood Care how early can we start working

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nidhigagnesh

While pursuing cert III in Early Childhood Care how early can we start working

Post by nidhigagnesh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi,

I have enrolled into Cert III course in early childhood care which will be commencing last week of April.
Just wanted to know how early can I start applying for jobs I read somewhere that it is advisable to complete
some units before starting.Kindly advice.
Also, I will be joining Elite Training Institute.
It is not enlisted under TAFE and I don't know much about the credibility of the institute.
How much does the reputation of the institute matter in getting a job ?

Regards,
Nidhi

Lorina

Re: While pursuing cert III in Early Childhood Care how early can we start working

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:31 pm

According to ACECQA, you are actively working towards a Cert 3 qualification if you can provide documentary evidence from the course provider to your approved provider (service) that you are:

- enrolled in the course and have started study
- making satisfactory progress towards completing the course
- meeting the requirements to maintain enrolment.

In regards to your course, as long as they a registered course provider then it should be fine.

:geek:,
Lorina

Coelix

Re: While pursuing cert III in Early Childhood Care how early can we start working

Post by Coelix » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi Lorina

I have googled until the cows come home but can't find a definitive answer to this question:

Are the regulations changing in Victoria at the end of 2018, and Certificate III students will no longer be able to work under the "Actively working towards..." section, because it will be removed, yet other states will remain the same?

Do you know the answer?

Thanks for reading, Coelix.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:57 am

Coelix wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 pm
Hi Lorina

I have googled until the cows come home but can't find a definitive answer to this question:

Are the regulations changing in Victoria at the end of 2018, and Certificate III students will no longer be able to work under the "Actively working towards..." section, because it will be removed, yet other states will remain the same?

Do you know the answer?

Thanks for reading, Coelix.
Hi Coelix,

This is news to me... if it's right... ACECQA has not mentioned or released any statement/information about this so far...

Going to see if I can gather more information for you...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:00 pm

I contacted ACECQA directly... better for them to let us know directly what's happening... I'll let you know once I hear back...

Lorina

Coelix

Post by Coelix » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Hi Lorina!
I rang the Vic Education Dpt and it is not the case.
It would seem that the information I was given pertains to ECT in Victoria not being able to 'work towards...' since the end of last year ie Diploma qualified working towards ECT, in Centre Based Care.
Cert threes are still fine to be 'actively working towards...' As long as they meet the criteria of 30% of course completed, proof of enrollment, and actively progressing through the course.
Thanks for your help.
Coelix

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:24 pm

Thanks Coelix - I'm usually on top of things when it comes to regs and law so it would be news to me... thanks for letting me know!

Lorina