Job interview questions

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
gracewfurley

Job interview questions

Post by gracewfurley » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Hi Lorina,
I've got a few interview questions I'm not sure how to answer and I was hoping you, or anyone! Could answer.

1: how would you program with the EYLF and NQS

2: what are the importance of polices and procedures in the work place?

3: what is the importance of the NQS and EYLF

I really don't know how to answer them, so any help would be much appreciated

Lorina

Re: Job interview questions

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Have you completed your qualification?

This should have been covered in your qualification...

These are important to know since as an educator you will be using this as part of your everyday practice.

:geek:,
Lorina

gracewfurley

Post by gracewfurley » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:07 pm

.... I've done my Cert 3... sorry to sound dumb, I just can't put it into words.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:24 am

No of course not! Not at all!

1) Focus on ensuring that the educational program and practice is stimulating and engaging and enhances children’s learning and development by responding to children’s interests and scaffolds their learning.

2) Clearly written, sourced and current policies are extremely important because they form the foundation of quality practice. They support child care professionals to make informed decisions about their daily practices. Policies need to be developed in collaboration with all stakeholders to help everyone to understand why a practice is necessary, who is responsible for it, when and where the practice should occur and how it happens.

3) The EYLF is a guide which consists of Principles, Practices and 5 main Learning Outcomes along with each of their sub-outcomes, based on identity, community, wellbeing, learning and communicating. The Learning Outcomes are to be used to reflect on children’s learning and focus on what a child can achieve rather than what they can’t. The Early Years Learning Framework enables childcare professionals, educators and early childhood teachers within an early childhood setting to extend and enrich children’s learning, provide opportunities for children to develop a foundation for learning and for children to become successful learners.

The National Quality Standard (NQS) is a key aspect of the National Quality Framework (NQF) and sets a high, national benchmark for early childhood education and care, and outside school hours care services in Australia. The NQS brings together the 7 key quality areas that are important to outcomes for children.

Hope this helps you!

Lorina

gracewfurley

Post by gracewfurley » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Wow, thank you Lorina!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm

You're most welcome!

Good Luck!

Lorina

gracewfurley

Post by gracewfurley » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:21 am

I just want to thank you (again) for all your hard work on this site.
It really does make a difference, and we all appreciate the effort you put in!

Xx
Gracie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks so much Gracie!

Really appreciate it!

Much obliged!!

Lorina

Gun

Post by Gun » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi Lorina

Thank you for replying to these questions it is really a great help for any one who is preparing for an Interview, just too nervous as it's my interview soon hope all falls good..Read lots of Interview post today it was a great help..Any tips you would like to give for me as it's my first interview.I am currently pursuing certIII got an offer for an Interview as they really like me as a student during my work placement at there centre.. I am too nervous..

Regards
Gun

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 pm

@Gun - The biggest benefit for you is that they have already seen how you work as a student during work placement... They know how you interact the staff and children. I don't think you should have any problems! You should also mention that you enjoyed your work placement at the centre and that the Educators really supported you and that you feel that this centre is a great opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within such a great team environment.

Let me know how it goes!

Lorina