No year 11&12 education

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mangomama

No year 11&12 education

Post by Mangomama » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:31 am

Hi all. I'm 22 and wanting to persue a career in childcare in about a year, when I feel ready to put my bub into care.

I'm passionate about getting into the job, but I am starting to wonder. Would my lack of education ruin my chances of finding work? I completed year 10 and then went straight into the workforce and study (the course I was studying didn't end up working out).
With almost a year before I want to start studying and working, would it be wise to try and get my QCE? Or is it not likely to be much of a problem when looking for work?

Lorina

Re: No year 11&12 education

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm sorry for the delay!

Your question was hiding!! :oops:

As far as you wanting to work in childcare it's not necessary to have completed yr 11/12 in order to gain a qualification. You should be able to enrol in a course without having completed yr 11 and yr 12. Since you want to wait a little while before putting your bub into care, maybe you can consider starting your qualification in the meantime. That way you can have part of the theory done by the time you start working.

Also, as long as you have enrolled in in the course, have started study making satisfactory progress towards completing the course and mee the requirements to maintain enrolment, this means you're actively working towards your qualification and you are able to work in a service.

You won't be able to start working in childcare until you have enrolled in a course etc. so make sure you get that done before applying for a position.

Also, to gain experience you can also work casually and then move onto full-time work.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: No year 11&12 education

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:46 pm

Another quick one... when you're ready to start work and considering putting your bub into care you could always ask the centre if they have a spot for your child so you can work and have your bub at the same centre as well... that might make it more convenient for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

:geek:,
Lorina