Importance Of Community As A Source Of Knowledge

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mary0000

Importance Of Community As A Source Of Knowledge

Post by mary0000 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:42 am

Hello, I have stuck in this question regarding about importance of community.
Would appreciate if someone could help me out..

Q: explain the importance of community as a source of knowledge, skills and values for the following aspects of sustainable practices in service operations, and give an example for each:

a) Barriers and drivers for behavioral change
b) strategies to increase children's experiences and understanding of animals and the natural environment
c) impact of key global issues, such as climate change, ozone layer effects, greenhouse effect, earth resources and biodiversity
d) qualitative and quantitative evaluation processes for sustainability program
e) cleaning and maintenance, and building, equipment and associated resources
f) organization standards, policies and procedures

each questions need
>>importance of community
>>example

i have filled up most of them, however i can't figure out d)
i have written down what i have answered on each of questions below.

a) importance of community: Children learn much more from our own behaviour than they do from what we tell them about how they should behave. Seeing those peoples behaviour, asts, children can follow the way we do. (community)
example:when we use appropriate, polite words, way, children do say the same of the way we talk.

b) importance of community: Natural resources are accessible. They can be collected from backyards, and the school/preschool itself at no cost. through walk outside or going to a park, they frequently have chance to see animals like dogs, birds. those are important to releaf children's stress according to a research. and when they see those animal's die, they gain more kindness as they see the sadness.
example: seeing outside on the veranda, on the backyard of ones house, going to a park.

c) importance of community: knowing those global issues, children will learn how to protect our world. for example, they can do conpost at the centre, or even at home, suggesting to their parents, to reduce those gabage, and let those scraps go back to the earth. they can even cooperate on those things, like classify flamable or resicle rabbish. if they do not know the reason why we need to separate, then they would not care about doing this and damage the earth.
example: through the news or those people surrounding the child's talk, they will know about those global issues little by little. when they go to a musiam.

d) -blank-

e) importance of community: seeing those cleaner at anyplaces where they can see, they will know someone is always cleaning our public spaces, and they will appreciate how clean our spaces when they see an unmaintained place, especially. also parents or care centre's educators can teach them what would happen if we do not maintain our place, equipment building etc.
example: seeing people keep clean public spaces and seeing people cleaning, or maintain the equipments etc, they started wondering and interested in keep it clean and maintain. they might ask someone how to take care of those equipments etc, and they will learn how to do it too.

f) importance of community: just see what we are doing, let them learn those standards, policies and procedure which is important in any cercumstances, for example, hygiene, emergency procedure etc. we community does it in front of them or in a drill, let them learn what they need to do in the situation and it does protect themselves. (for example: protect from food poisoning, by seeing people throughing away those food is not in good condition)
example: they can learn through seeing/doing drill (for example emergency procedure)

I am sorry i have written too much but hope someone could help me out..

thank you.

Lorina

Re: Importance Of Community As A Source Of Knowledge

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:31 am

I like your responses to your questions! :thumbup:

In regards to d)
- qualitative date is descriptive or narrative data based on perceptions
- quantitative date is numerical data based on scores and frequencies

Hope this makes sense!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 am

I also found this:

Analyse your data.

You may have collected quantitative (i.e. numerical) or qualitative (i.e. comments) data. To analyze comments, etc. (that is, data that is not numerical in nature): read through all the data, organize comments into similar categories, e.g., concerns, suggestions, strengths, etc; label the categories or themes, e.g., concerns, suggestions, etc; and identify patterns, or associations and causal relationships in the themes.

Ref: Evaluations

Lorina

mary0000

Post by mary0000 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:31 pm

hello Lorina,
thank you for your help!

i will read through your attached document,

thank you for your help :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina

MelH
Participator
Participator

Post by MelH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:25 am

Hi there

I am on the same unit and the key word I am seeing is "community" and explaining how the communities knowledge, skills and values are important.... so when it comes to barriers, does this not involve something other than polite words, etc? Should it be that it is a "barrier" if we don't guide them and model sustainability and teach them about sustainable practices within the community?? Can someone please help me better understand this please. I have attached a table as well but this is the question:

Explain the importance of community as a source of knowledge, skills, and values for the following aspects of sustainable practices in service operations, and give an example for each:

Thank you
Mel
Annotation 2019-04-07 112126.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Found some information that you could use for this question:

Barriers and Drivers To Sustaiability

Lorina

MelH
Participator
Participator

Post by MelH » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Thank you Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:08 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina

N.C
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by N.C » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:17 pm

Hello!
Just checking to see if anyone has an update for the question.
I have been stuck on this question for days :/

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:12 pm

What question exactly - have you checked the links above?

Lorina

N.C
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Post by N.C » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Yes I have šŸ˜Š
However the article does not relate to community.
And the answers above don't really make sense to the question.

"Q: explain the importance of community as a source of knowledge, skills and values for the following aspects of sustainable practices in service operations, and give an example for each:"

a) Barriers and drivers for behavioral change
b) strategies to increase children's experiences and understanding of animals and the natural environment
c) impact of key global issues, such as climate change, ozone layer effects, greenhouse effect, earth resources and biodiversity
d) qualitative and quantitative evaluation processes for sustainability program
e) cleaning and maintenance, and building, equipment and associated resources
f) organization standards, policies and procedures