How do-able is it to finish a diploma traineeship in 12 months?

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
naomizh

How do-able is it to finish a diploma traineeship in 12 months?

Post by naomizh » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi guys,

So I am currently a trainee studying my certificate 3 in childcare, and my work has just offered to have me complete another traineeship with them for my diploma. Obviously I am so excited to do this but the only thing is that I would only have a year to complete it, as I am taking over a maternity contract for that year and within that time they would expect me to complete my diploma. I started my cert 3 in April and have almost finished my course, within the next 2 weeks I will be done. So its taken me about 6 months to complete this. I would love to accept the offer and undertake my diploma my only worry is that I wouldn't be able to finish it within the time frame. Has anyone got any advice on this? Am I crazy for hoping/thinking I may be able to complete my diploma in 12 months while working full time? I plan to be a lot more vigilant with study next year but just want to hear others opinions/thoughts!

Lorina

Re: How do-able is it to finish a diploma traineeship in 12 months?

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm

First off that's great that you are given the opportunity to complete your Diploma through your work! However, I would confirm that you are able to do this since you have already completed your cert 3 traineeship with them... I'm assuming that you're only able to do one traineeship since the centre is paying for your course so in your case you wont be able to do it. I'm sure I read some information about it... I'll find out for you and let you know...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:45 pm

If you are able to complete it, then you should be able to do it within a year since you completed your cert 3 in 6 months... As long as you get your assignments complete then you should be able to do it! So, don't worry about time... I'm sure you can do it!

Couple of questions:

1) what state are you in?
2) does your centre offer you study time throughout the week?

Lorina

Tegan Christensen

Post by Tegan Christensen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

i started my Diploma in November 2015. I should be or extremely close to be finishing mine with in the year - i only have a couple of books left now and most of it is workplacement i just havent had the chance to do... i started from the very start with no cert 111.. Good Luck

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:57 pm

Tegan Christensen wrote:i started my Diploma in November 2015. I should be or extremely close to be finishing mine with in the year - i only have a couple of books left now and most of it is workplacement i just havent had the chance to do... i started from the very start with no cert 111.. Good Luck
It seems like the biggest challenge is work placement...

Lorina