CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Deekayy

CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Post by Deekayy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE004 Section 1 Assessment 1.1
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
How can you promote healthy eating habits and attitudes in children?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
you can promote healthy eating habits and attitudes in children by providing them with learning experience related to healthy eating, read books and have discussions on healthy eating, the importance of healthy eating and what are "sometimes foods" and what are "always foods." Display poster and pictures to help children develop understanding of healthy foods, allow the children to participate, actively engage in and do their own investigations in different activities, games, puzzles, craft on the subject of healthy eating.

Description and Message:
i'm just not sure if i am on the right track or not..haha :?

Lorina

Re: CHCECE004 - Promote and provide healthy food and drinks

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:24 am

Yes that's a good start. You can also add provide a wide variety of different foods for children to try, discuss different cultures and the foods they eat, promote the right foods by getting children to cook and become more involved in selecting and preparing foods themselves...

:geek:,
L.A

BTW - Sorry for my delayed response I've been away for the past 4 days

Prabh Sidhu

Post by Prabh Sidhu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:38 pm

CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks. assesment 2 DIETRY REQURIEMENT

Prabh Sidhu

Post by Prabh Sidhu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:41 pm

CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks. assesment 2 DIETRY REQURIEMENT

emma_gibbens

Post by emma_gibbens » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:50 pm

of these ingredients which ones are of concern they are found in strawberry yoghurt, i have choosen these - is this on the right track
thickners (starch, carrageenan), acidity regulators (sodium citrate citric acid), firming agents (calcium chorlide), persevatives (potassium sorbate)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:57 pm

emma_gibbens wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:50 pm
of these ingredients which ones are of concern they are found in strawberry yoghurt, i have choosen these - is this on the right track
thickners (starch, carrageenan), acidity regulators (sodium citrate citric acid), firming agents (calcium chorlide), persevatives (potassium sorbate)
Yes sounds like you're on the right track!

:geek:,
Lorina