Car won't start :-(.

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Car won't start :-(.

Post by Scottish Joan » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Not sure where else to post this but I really need help with it so I will post it and see what happens and what replies I get.

Today I went to take the little one shopping then to the cinema but our Mini wouldn't start so I had a very upset little girl which was hard for me to see.

The car had a full tank of fuel plus I couldn't see any issues when I opened up the hood.

I spent 45 minutes trying to get it started, I was furiously pumping the pedal and continuosly turning the key but it just wouldn't start.

When I got back inside, Rhona asked "why was the car making a funny noise and not moving"?, I didn't know what to tell her so I just told her "the car is broken" but that made her even more upset :'( :'(.

The noise she was referring to was the sound a car not starting makes, I hope that makes sense lol.

Lorina

Re: Car won't start :-(.

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:37 am

I don't drive so I'm going to be no help with why the car doesn't start...

But in regards to Rhona being upset, you could explain what's happening, be honest and try not to freak out because that will freak Rhona out as well. You could explain to her what you're trying to do, what you checked, what's going to happen now etc. Rhona will probably be more comfortable knowing than wondering what's going to happen...

I'm sorry you're day ended up like that! It would of been such a stress to manage and I hope you got home safely!

Is your car OK now?

:geek:,
Lorina

Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Re: Car won't start :-(.

Post by Scottish Joan » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:05 am

No :-(.