Director Implementing Changes Not Beneficial For The Centre

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
kateree

Director Implementing Changes Not Beneficial For The Centre

Post by kateree » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm having an issue at work at the moment.

We have had a new director for 9 months now and she is implementing changes that are against department regulation and ignoring educators when they try to tell the director why these changes are not beneficial for the centre.
The director even excluded a child with behavioural and mental issues, without consulting the educators that looked after the child, using the excuse that the child was causing incidents.

I feel really upset about the child because I was trying my best to help them through these issues and now the child is no longer coming to care.

We have a committee but it is all made up of parents and they don't understand Department regulations or the Early Years Framework.

I sometimes feel that I should talk to someone in the union or from the Department but I don't want to put my workplace in trouble.

Does anyone have any tips or thoughts on what I should do?

Lorina

Re: Director Implementing Changes Not Beneficial For The Centre

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:00 am

First up it get to start take details of these issues that are causing concerns to you. Keep a dairy and note down incidents that happen throughout the day as this can be used as evidence. Regarding your concerns it's best to contact ACECQA. You should be able to do this anonymously... From here they may investigate these issues, especially the ones against department regulations by doing a "spot check".

Here are ACECQA's contact details:

Regulatory Authority

Don't be afraid of making a report, if you feel your director is putting the safety and well being of the children, families and staff at risk for not following regulations it's your duty of care to report this.

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Director Implementing Changes Not Beneficial For The Centre

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 am

Regarding the child that the director stopped care for it is totally unacceptable! I really feel for you and the parents and just because they may have had behavioural issues it doesn't mean the child should be excluded. There are external agencies that can come to the centre to work with the child, the family and you (the staff), to support this child and assist the centre in managing the behaviour and issues of concern. It is typically government funded as well... You could look into it one agency is called Inclusion Support, maybe you can bring this up with the Director to try and get the child back into care at your centre...

Inclusion Support

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina