Desire to open a LDC Centre Emerald, Qld

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
katie_almeida

Desire to open a LDC Centre Emerald, Qld

Post by katie_almeida » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello!
I am very new to this forum, and am so happy that I came across it.

I am a qualified primary school teacher, however am baffled by the shortages of space for child care.
Next year my husband and I are making the move from Brisbane to Emerald, a mining town in central Qld. A big move!
After speaking to some women in the area, I became aware that childcare is not only an issue in inner-city centres!!!!!

I have been toying with the idea of opening a centre.... with absolutely NO idea where to start!!!
Would I need to get government approvals first??
How do I found out wages etc/ waiting lists etc in order to present a proposal?

I know this is a very broad question and I am jumping into the deep end, but your answers have been so helpful for everyone :D

Thanks in advance!
Katie

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Desire to open a LDC Centre Emerald, Qld

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:30 pm

hi Katie
big move
I have recently moved from Brisbane to Tieri (1 hour North of Emerald) and yep big shortages of childcare everywhere really

I have attached 2 docs which should give u most info

Its not easy setting up a childcare esp in smaller communities, you want to make sure that you will have enough kids to sustain this venture....I have toyed with the idea of opening a centre myself but money is a huge issue obviously & i would ideally like to start from scratch rather than take over an existing building/business

Anyway keep us in the loop, I would be interested & would love to help if i can in any way
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

katie_almeida

Post by katie_almeida » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Wow, thank you so much for replying so quick and for the docs!!! Great help!
Well I have about 12 months to research, and plan.
So fingers crossed...I will definitely keep in touch!
Katie :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:23 pm

So when are you moving to Emerald?
IF you were to set this up, would you want to be Director or have someone else do that and you teach?
Its an exciting thing to think of doing and one day I would love to own my own centre.
I am a Montessori teacher so have a keen interest to set up a small Montessori childcare.