Becoming A Kindy Teacher In QLD

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
twinmom

Becoming A Kindy Teacher In QLD

Post by twinmom » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi, I have just finished my Diploma in Childcare Services and would like to study now to become a Kinder Teacher. Is this the same as the batchelors degree ? any recommendations on where to do this in Queensland. Thanks

Lorina

Re: Becoming A Kindy Teacher In QLD

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Yes, to become a Kindy teacher you will need to complete a bachelor degree to qualify as an Early Childhood Teacher. There is a course called "Bachelor Of Early Childhood". Some uni's are offering this from 0-5 years and a few are offering this from 0-12 years. The difference is if you are only wanting to work with children up to 5 years old then this degree only takes 2 years, in the future if you want to work in primary school then you can do so if you complete the qualification 0-12 years although it takes 4 years. With a Diploma qualification you get 1 year off study (but this depends on the uni- so please check). Next step is to find whether you want to do this online or face to face so you can figure out where to study...

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you have further questions,

:geek:,
Lorina

twinmom

Post by twinmom » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks for your reply, Lorina. will go and check out the possibilities for online courses.

sunnyzhang

Post by sunnyzhang » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:04 pm

Good afternoon miss Lorina

sunnyzhang

Post by sunnyzhang » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Dear miss Lorina
I am working in childcare center now, I am so interesting in the bachelor of education (0-5),but I don’t know if I get the bachelor of education (0-5), can I as an ECT in childcare center? I am in QLD, should I have to register as a teacher? Or should I have to have a literacy and numeracy test? I am already google some acecqa policy but still confusing! Thank you so much to help me! Thanks again
Cg

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:14 pm

Hi Cg!

If you're interested in completing a bachelor degree then you should go for it! You can get a position as an ECT in a service. ECT's typically run the preschool/pre kindy program. When you have completed your degree you will need to register as a teacher.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:23 pm

Here is some information regarding the Literacy and Numeracy Test:

Literacy and Numeracy Test

Hope this helps!

Lorina