Got a Job

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Got a Job

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:27 pm

YAY :party: :clap: :thumbup:
Got a job
So excited (if you can't tell! :lol: )
Its with C & K in Middlemount which is 1/2hr drive North of where I am
Am just so pleased to know I will be back working and doing what I love and earning money (of course ...always helps!)
Will begin next Monday as I am off to Brisbane for 3 days tomorrow.

They advertised for an Assistant but have hired me as a GL since she said I was way over qualified for an assistant & I would have been wasted in that role. So thats good as well though I wont have my own room but will kind of go from room to room & help with their programming and other things

It will be an interesting experience for me.... my 1st non Montessori job here in Australia!

Lorina

Re: Got a Job

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey Fefe,

Congratulations!!! :mrgreen:

Great news!!! Glad to hear you found what you are looking for!! It is very exciting and I can't wait to hear all about your very first week in a non Montessori centre.

Enjoy Brisbane (I've never been before) :oops:... you have definitely earned it :thumbup: !

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Never been to Brisbane, you should, its a great city... more like a big country town feel .... has some cool places
Hopefully can line up some builders to finish renovating our home there so we can rent it out soon

dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

Post by dulciean » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:19 pm

:party: :beer: yay fefe! about time someone snapped you up! well done! I will be interested to hear how you feel about 'mainstream' child care in contrast to Montessori- look forward to your updates. cheers-Sarah :thumbup:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:55 pm

hey fefe,

look who's got a job!! :party:

thats great! You are full of good news this month, first you finished your diploma, then enrolled in your uni and now you have a job! its great that your frequent updates takes us through your journey! Congratulations!

1/2 hr drive to work is actually very good! expecially when you live in a remote area. I live close to the city and it still takes me atleast 45mins to an hour to get to work cuz of all the traffic :sweating:

Enjoy your trip to brissy!

Cheers :thumbup:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for all the replies, I will be back posting on my experiences in mainstream childcare ... I think its good as once I get this experience I can properly compare it to the Montessori system.
:)