Issues and G8 Education

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
180girl

Issues and G8 Education

Post by 180girl » Tue May 13, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi I'm new to Aussie Childcare Network and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with G8 Education? As staff, director, parent etc. What is it like?

peaches123

Re: G8 Education

Post by peaches123 » Wed May 14, 2014 11:45 pm

Good points: all very professional for parents with strict rules and policies for staff. Their centre are probably the safest ever they are really strict on safety , ratios etd

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu May 15, 2014 5:52 am

180girl wrote:Hi I'm new to Aussie Childcare Network and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with G8 Education? As staff, director, parent etc. What is it like?
Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

:geek:,
L.A

Chick

Post by Chick » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:25 pm

I worked for G8 Education for five months and found their education standards/level of care extremely good, however at this particular centre they didn't follow policies and procedures on certain incidents in which I was asked to write two incident reports. Nothing was done to improve the situation and the innocent were left without a voice. I found it extremely frustrating and upsetting too.
I was then asked to ensure that several infants/children be kept away from the said individual as they were highly distressed being near this carer.
I also found G8 not as flexible as they claim to be. I was then refused shifts because I couldn't come in at 15 minutes notice and start at 6:30am as I had young children and my hubby was a night shift worker and I couldn't work from 9am till 6:30pm five days a week. I was also studying part time as well.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:36 am

Chick wrote:I worked for G8 Education for five months and found their education standards/level of care extremely good, however at this particular centre they didn't follow policies and procedures on certain incidents in which I was asked to write two incident reports. Nothing was done to improve the situation and the innocent were left without a voice. I found it extremely frustrating and upsetting too.
I was then asked to ensure that several infants/children be kept away from the said individual as they were highly distressed being near this carer.
I also found G8 not as flexible as they claim to be. I was then refused shifts because I couldn't come in at 15 minutes notice and start at 6:30am as I had young children and my hubby was a night shift worker and I couldn't work from 9am till 6:30pm five days a week. I was also studying part time as well.

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a crap experience. Hopefully that this is just a one off and usually it's due to the staff and director that make up the centre rather than the "brand" itself.

I really hope you have found a happier place,

Lorina

varinder

Post by varinder » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm

How can one get transfer to other g8 centre ..how can we apply for transfer :| :| :|

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:18 pm

I think it's best if you contact HR in G8 Education and talk to them about it, if you don't want to directly ask your Director.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

If you're having problems/issues at work then they need to be resolved...

Everything alright?

Lorina