Penfriends

Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Misse84
Helper
Helper

Penfriends

Post by Misse84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I was thinking of some fun things for our children to do at Kindy . I thought it would be wonderful to get in touch with another childcare centre overseas ( NZ , Japan , USA ) and become pen pals .

The children could send photos ( with parents consent ) , craft , drawings etc and the other school would do the same .

They could even send little videos over email singing typcail Aussie songs to teach the children , send recipies to make there ( lamingtons etc ) ..

It could be a monthly thing and we could exchange ideas and get an idea what other kindys do across the world.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Penfriends

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I think that is a wonderful idea..our kids could learn so much and children in other countried could too.
Id say go for it if u can...so old school penfriends, but is so cool and with email and being able to easily & quickly make vids etc communication can be quick and easy .... so no waiting weeks for a letter to come :o)
Let us know how it goes... will be very interested to hear feedback from parents & children etc