Late afternoon experiences.

Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ninny_cat

Late afternoon experiences.

Post by ninny_cat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:26 pm

Hey everyone, I have been in child care for 3 years now and have recently been put on the lock up shift

The girls who use to close the toddler room use to put the iPad on at 430/5 and just leave it on until 630 which I found ridiculous and so not okay at all.

I have been researching some ideas on what I can do with the children once the staff and numbers start to drop and thought I’d come here for some ideas and tips.
During my research I havnt found much that can be done quick and easy.
I’m looking for some fun easy to pack away / clean up experiences. So suggestions like books are not what I’m looking for.

At the moment we do books, sleeping logs, sleeping cows and new shoes (where the children have their shoes on and we go around all takin turns saying what colour our shoes are, more so we know where everyone’s shoes are before they all go home)

Oh I forgot to add, I’m more so looking for ideas for when the rooms all join together as the older Kindy children like to run around as the get bored in the toddler room.

I hope that makes sense!

Thank you all so much in advance !

ANewBeginning2018

Re: Late afternoon experiences.

Post by ANewBeginning2018 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 am

Group games-
Passing the cushion
Musical chairs

Out doors-
Simon says game
What’s the time Mr wolf game

Lorina

Re: Late afternoon experiences.

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Yes putting the Ipad on is not ok! So, it's good that you are changing that and trying to find other activities to do.

Maybe something like:

-Playdough
-Drawing
-Magnet Play
-Fine motor activities (cutting, threading etc.)
-Felts and felt boards

You can do some activities that help the children unwind and relax before they go home...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina