The New South Wales senator's comments

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mr Ally

The New South Wales senator's comments

Post by Mr Ally » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm

For the first time in my life, I felt so undervalued and disrespected as an educator,
I think we need more than certificates ,more than Diplomas, if it could be my desire ,i wish to see all Childcare educators we have Bachelor degrees,
The first five years of a child's life are very critical and most important years for the development and building the foundation that shapes children's future health, happiness, growth, development and learning achievement at school, in the family and community, and in life in general.We are very hardworking professionals,we are more than wiping children's noses and stopping them from killing each other. " shame on you Federal Senator David Leyonhjelm "

Lorina

Re: The New South Wales senator's comments

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 am

As an educator, it was hard to digest Senator Leyonhjelm's comments. With each word, he said I could feel the anger being built up by my surrounding educators. Unfortunately, there people who actually agree with him, which makes our job seem even more demeaning. We have all faced this as educators when asked what we do and we say our professional they say "oh babysitting". People think it already and it's really heartbreaking that a Senator has said it on TV, causing people to question and rethink what we do.

I wrote an article on this if you want to have a read:

Senator Faces Backlash Over Comments

I just hope nothing negative happens to early childhhod education and care overall because of what he said...

:geek:,
Lorina