Award wage

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sueyk

Award wage

Post by sueyk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:50 am

HI I have a question.
I work in a centre where i work 40hours per week. I get paid on the same rate throughout.
Should I not be getting time and a half after the normal 38 hour week?

Any help welcomed

sk

Lorina

Re: Award wage

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Do you get a rostered day off during the couse of a week? Is there an agreement/contract signed by you and your employer about your hours?

:geek:,
L.A

sueyk

Post by sueyk » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:50 pm

no no and no

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:25 pm

i'm sorry... Haven't forgotten about you! Been busy with the Wiki release on this site.

Not including a lunch break, basically you should only be working a 38 hour week, 8 hours per day. If no formal agreement has been put in place with you or your employer then you should be compensated for the overtime you are doing...

I recently posted some important information on the National Children's Service Awards in regards to pay, leave, hours etc. Have a read through the Q&A in this topic and it should answer your question:

Childcare Award Wages: Info on Pay, Leave, Hours, Rosters, Breaks etc.

If you got any other question, let me know and I can try to assist you...

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:59 pm

Some of my co workers (including me) work a 40 hr week. We work 4 days per week 10hours per day, 45 minute lunch break, 15 minute tea break sometime during the day. 

At my work we don't get paid overtime. Only time in lieu. This means for the hours extra we work, we can accumulate these hours to finish early yet still be paid our normal shift some other time.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Everyone I know and when I did a 40 hr week it included the rdo option. 40 hrs is a lot. Usually 38hrs a week is norm