St Patrick's Day Activities

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
teresamc

St Patrick's Day Activities

Post by teresamc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Being a McNamara (by marriage) St Patrick's Day is pretty special to me. I'm planning green face paint shamrocks, green jelly, green play dough and some activities that involve rainbows and leprechauns. What is everyone else doing for St Patrick's Day?
Let's do some brainstorming together.

Steffelz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: It's a great day for the Irish

Post by Steffelz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Thats so cute! Im still studying and havent done my hours yet, but when I dropped my son off at kindy today, all the teachers had Big hats, there was green Jelly with toys in it, boats in green water, and four leaf clovers at the craft table :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey,

I'm celebrating St Patricks day at my centre on Monday! So far I am doing green jelly for a sensory experience and green play dough with green glitter. As far as art n craft goes I found the cutest idea using a child's handprint, making a leprechaun and another idea using a paper cup and other materials to make a pot of gold under a rainbow.

Link to handprint leprechauns: http://www.meetthedubiens.com/2011/03/h ... hauns.html

Link to pot of gold craft: http://www.meetthedubiens.com/2011/03/h ... hauns.html

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

teresamc

Post by teresamc » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Well sadly it was a big fizzer for me! I was off work on Wednesday with a sinus infection, back for Thursday and on Friday I lasted till 10:00am and had to go home because of the sinus/migraine.
But we still have green play dough to use!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:39 am

Teresa,

Im sorry to hear that your day didn't go as per planned :(...

My St Patrick's Day went well... Most of the children wore green, the handprint leprechauns were a success and we even decorates biscuits in green icing. However, the green jelly didn't set in time...LOL...

Better Luck next year...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A