Baby Room Activities

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
smithy80

Baby Room Activities

Post by smithy80 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi everyone

I work in a babies room 6 weeks to 14 months and its time for a change. We have pulled down most of the displays on the walls and would love some ideas for new themes on the walls and ceiling any ideas would be great!! We have plastic mobiles which I will definitely be getting rid of but still need something hanging from ceiling really want to stay away from plastic fantastic.

Lorina

Re: Ideas for babies room

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:19 pm

I was working in the babies room awhile back and this is what I did:

Jungle Wall Theme-Created a jungle themed wall using animal stickers and various art n craft ideas that I did with the babies (painting a tree, gluing green paper cups as grass etc). Then added photos to this of each of the babies to the Jungle. Also near the display had a little shelf where I added jungle animal soft toys and books.

From the ceiling you could hang a fishing net or fabric to form a tent. Add pillows and blankets inside for the kids to play with. I also found this to be effective. I hung colourful pieces of thick ribbon from a low ceiling with bells on th end. The babies while sitting up were able to reach up and hit them to make a sound. I had them on hooks so I could easily take it off when I didnt want it.

:geek:,
L.A