What to expect for Diploma.

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
amanda92

What to expect for Diploma.

Post by amanda92 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi all,
Have just handed in my final assessments for my cert 3 so fingers crossed i will pass :) Just wondering if someone can give me an idea of what to expect with my diploma. Please and thank you :)

Amanda

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: What to expect for Diploma.

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi Amanda, congratulations in completing your cert 3. :clap:

Regarding the diploma, there has been quite a few discussions here already on various questions about doing a Diploma in children services. I will give you some links here that you can have a read first that should answer most of the FAQs.

1) Questions reg starting Diploma plus others
2) Should i do a diploma?
3) Diploma Expectations
4) Is Diploma in Children's Services funded by Government?
5) thinking of doing my Diploma
6) Diploma and Advanced Diploma
7) Anyone doing or done their Adv.Dip?

Wish you all the best! :thumbup:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 am

Personally I think (from what others have said) that the early Diploma units are pretty easy but then they do get harder, remember it is a step up from from the Cert III and is preparing you to run a classroom so it will be much more detailed.
If you have experience and have been a GL already it will be easier as its easier to answer questions when its not just a "hypothetical" and you have actually had experiences that you can relate to.
I RPLed most of my Diploma and the units I did have to do were not overly difficult but that is my opinion and I know others who have done those same units and found them really hard.
Its best to go to a TAFE site and click on each unit and read about what it is all about and also read how much work will be expected of you during your Diploma.You also need to figure out if you will do it correspondance or actually enrol to do it FT depending on what suits you if you don't do it that way it may prove harder

amanda92

Post by amanda92 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 am

thank you both for the information. I am doing my diploma via correspondence due to my work hours.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:51 am

Good luck with it, you will find lots of help on here to help you at those times when you need help