VPC 200h

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Kalle

VPC 200h

Post by Kalle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi to all,

I'm new to this forum and thanks for all this great information.

I just started my VPC - children's services cert.III with 100h for this year and in 2014 I will do the other 100h.
My question is: can I split the 200h?
100h in a normal day care centre and the other 100h in a different education service (like a Steiner childcare) to have the opportunity to look into different education styles.
I know I signed a placement contract with the first day care, but is it possible to make a new contract for the second variant?
For this year I'm just enrolled for my fist 100h!
So next year could I enrol with a new contract in a other day care?????
Has someone done this before????

Thanks so much.... Kalle

Lorina

Re: VPC 200h

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi Kalle,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Yeah, I don't see why not... you should be able to split up your work placement since the second placement is going to be next year anyway. I know what you mean, it will give you a great opportunity to see how other methods are used in childcare. Steiner is a good choice but there is also Montessori which is very different in the way they do their teaching methods.

Even though your second placement is next year, you should start looking at centres now itself. You can even try and organize it before the year end.

If you have any doubts, just contact your course provider to clarify.

Good Luck,

:geek:
L.A

Kalle

Post by Kalle » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Thanks L.A.
It's just sometime not easy to be different:-)
My course provider is not very flexible;-) and can't answer questions like this.....*****frustration*****
By Kalle

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:15 pm

No worries Kalle!

If your course provider isn't very flexible then it's best just to confirm it with them just in case...

:geek:,
L.A