True Or False On Statements

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
livi0987

True Or False On Statements

Post by livi0987 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi,

Im having huge problems getting past these True of False questions..
Hope you can help as I have been researching and still get some of them marked as incorrect!
Dunno where Im going wrong :(

Supervision is a critical factor in minimising children’s accidents. TRUE
Supervision of children must always take precedence over other duties. TRUE
The developmental level of the child can be a contributing risk factor in relation to childhood injuries. TRUE
Choking is a common cause of childhood accidents. TRUE
Manufacturers rather than educators are responsible for ensuring that toys are safe for young children. FALSE
Careful planning of the physical environment can help reduce the likelihood of accidental injuries. TRUE
It is only necessary to conduct an outdoor hazard audit once per year. TRUE
Preschoolers cannot be taught safe practices because they are too young. FALSE
In relation to emergency evacuation, it is desirable to have more than one assembly point. FALSE
Evacuation drills need only be carried out once per year. FALSE
Educators have a duty of care to protect children from the risk of sunburn. TRUE
Infection can only be spread by direct contact with body fluids. FALSE
Hand washing is a key strategy in preventing the spread of infection. TRUE
It is only necessary to practice universal precautions in relation to body fluids when the child is known to have, or suspected of having, an infectious disease. TRUE
Regular cleaning is unnecessary if there is frequent use of disinfectants. FALSE
Morning health checks of the children can minimise the spread of infection. TRUE
It is not compulsory to have a record of the child’s current immunisation status at the time of enrolment. FALSE
Anaphylaxis is a sudden and serious allergic reaction to a substance which effects two or more body systems simultaneously. TRUE
Children’s services regulations require services to have in place a policy and procedures in relation to the administration of medications to children. TRUE
A service can refuse to administer non-prescribed medications. FALSE

3 are incorrectly marked as TRUE and 3 as FALSE. Please help me as I have spent hours researching my answers and am stumped!

Thanks!

Lorina

Re: True Or False On Statements

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:19 pm

livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST Manufacturers rather than educators are responsible for ensuring that toys are safe for young children. FALSE
TRUE
livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST Regular cleaning is unnecessary if there is frequent use of disinfectants. FALSE
TRUE
livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST It is only necessary to practice universal precautions in relation to body fluids when the child is known to have, or suspected of having, an infectious disease. TRUE
FALSE
livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST Choking is a common cause of childhood accidents. TRUE
FALSE
livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST In relation to emergency evacuation, it is desirable to have more than one assembly point. FALSE
TRUE
livi0987 wrote:QR_BBPOST It is only necessary to conduct an outdoor hazard audit once per year. TRUE
FALSE

These are the only ones that I could potentially see as changing the answer too... It's hard because some of them could be kinda of either...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

livi0987

Post by livi0987 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:09 pm

Thanks so much Lorina!!
Fingers crossed that this will pass.. :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Mine are crossed too! Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina