The effect of completing a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care on a Diploma in childcare

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
hbfreya

The effect of completing a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care on a Diploma in childcare

Post by hbfreya » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Hi!
Sorry for the long title. I was wondering whether having completed a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care, would mean that when i complete my Diploma it would be shortened or not and if so by how much and in which ways?
Thanks,
Freya

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The effect of completing a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care on a Diploma in childcare

Post by Macoola » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi Freya,

It was a while ago, but I did complete my Cert 3 before going on to complete my Diploma. Unfortunately, I didn't get any credits towards my Diploma.

I do know of some who have received RPL for their work in a Centre though. Our director helped along with their Tafe teacher to obtain some credits towards their Diploma based on their workplace experience.

In saying this, it was a while ago I did my Cert 3 and Diploma so things may have changed now.

hootabelle98

Re: The effect of completing a Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care on a Diploma in childcare

Post by hootabelle98 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:04 am

If you have recently completed your cert 3 you should be able to go on quickly with your diploma and only do the diploma questions.