Supervisor not helping with my assignments

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
imostrom

Supervisor not helping with my assignments

Post by imostrom » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi, I am currently studying my diploma, and I have been for awhile now... I have done all 210 of the 240 hours needed, done all of the work necessary yet my supervisor is still not giving me the 15-20 minutes to sign off the work and assignments I have performed... She's been happy to put her initials that I've done the hours, but is always too busy to read through the assignments that j need simple feedback/initials on. I am feeling really upset because I've worked so hard and am so close to being finished, and I need to finish it within the next couple of weeks as I'm pregnant and it's starting to get too much for me to handle. Don't know what I can do....

Miss Sam

Re: Supervisor not helping with my assignments

Post by Miss Sam » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:31 am

Are you able to take to your centres educational leader? She may be able to give you the information you need.
I work as the 3 year old teacher this year, but in the last 10 years have been the 4 year old teacher and educational leader too.
Also I have worked as a manager and until you have done the job, you do not realise all the things that go on behind the scene. It may be worth saying the your manager that you value her input and need the feedback, but appreciate the fact that she has signed you off. You may also ask her if there is a staff person in the centre who has enough experience to be your mentor.
I hope this help and good luck with your birth :)