Suggested Books/Readings

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
laurenb_77

Suggested Books/Readings

Post by laurenb_77 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi

I'm new to this site - although have been reading through the forums a little while for information. What a fantastic forum!

I've just enrolled to start my Diploma in Early Education and Care early next year. It's a huge career change for me but I'm very excited to begin a long term career in the industry.

I'd like to do some reading before my course starts in February and was wondering if anyone could recommend some great books that give an overview into child care and early childhood learning? Anything that will give me a headstart on my studies would be fantastic.

I'm sure you'll see me popping up asking lots of questions in the future - so thank you in advance!

Lorina

Re: Suggested Books/Readings

Post by Lorina » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:20 am

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

There are so many books that you can get on various topics within early childhood but the most popular ones are the following:

Birth To Big School (3rd Edition)

The Big Picture

Frameworks For Learning an Development

I've tried to add the links from Google Books itself so you can get more information on each book before you purchase them. You can also go down to your local library and see if they have these available just so it can help you decide whether they are worth buying... Text books can be expensive...

Good Luck with your course and I'll see you around the forum,

:geek:,
L.A