Studying The Diploma From Home

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
sarahdemou

Studying The Diploma From Home

Post by sarahdemou » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:20 am

Is anyone else studying the diploma from home?
i just wanted to know how people went or are going with it, im finding it quiet difficult because most question require you to be around children and observe them. Thank god for the internet! im only 2 weeks in and feel like I've done a years worth of studying! but i must admit i am enjoying it.
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Studying The Diploma From Home

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:55 am

Hi,

Yeah, it can be a little hard completing the Diploma without having practical experience. Hopefully you should be able to get some ideas from here! Glad to hear that you're enjoying it! It may get a little tougher as you progress so if you ever in doubt or need further information, let me know!

Happy Studying!

:geek:,
Lorina

tinytots
Participator
Participator

Post by tinytots » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:57 am

Yes i am doing it from home also but find it difficult to get motivated to do it as there are parts in it that i do not understand. I am doing the oosh diploma for only school age children which is similar to childcare but apparently more involved

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:36 am

It can get very frustrating! Try and work on small tasks at a time and if you can't find what you want on the internet maybe go to a library? So, are you able to work in child care centres with an OOSH Diploma or just an OOSH? Do you have to do all your practicals at an OOSH?

:geek:,
Lorina

tinytots
Participator
Participator

Post by tinytots » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:24 am

No Lorina the OOSH diploma is only for working with school aged children and I work in OOSH at the moment so i will be doing my practicals there.